Thursday, December 18, 2014
The MASALA subcontinent
The MASALA subcontinent
The parliament of my country, India is facing a logjam. The revered members wish to have a debate on issue of DHARAM that is religion conversion. It is again been debated over during television PRIME TIME projecting it as a very intricate issue, effecting life of billions as per their understanding. My mind fails to decipher the age this parliamentarians represent: because are per my understanding we have more serious but less MASALA NEWS inline and waiting to be given due place.
I take pride in being an ASIAN, and love the fact that I am an INDIAN, but my reasons are very different. I was born in the latitude and longitude that gave me privilege of experiencing colors of weather, the diversity of culture and a history that documents philosophy of YOGA and Vaisheshika ( school of philosophy espoused a form of ATOMISM and based on logic).
The present is very disheartening, my neighbors are making statements that are oxymoron: they are talking about good and bad Taliban ( Despite of Black day-16 December Peshawar school mass killing, they are willing to Toss the same planchet coin, not realizing that none among heads or tails will have favorable outcome). Some of my neighbors are still not having established precedents according to which state should be governed.
This again is MASALA only as this is just debated, discussed not remedied. This part of world is least concern about problems we will be facing by the end of century. This may be harsh comment, but I am documenting it with facts stated further.
People in Some parts of this world ( capitalist countries mostly) are worried about feeding the people ( nutrition in food), changes in climate ( research to handle such changes will be and are funded by those countries , this part of world is contributing in creating impact not in remedy) and clean energy, fuel efficiency, deadly disease like EBOLA, and a lot more…
(As per my opinion we all bear common responsibility to this world, we cannot differentiate it . As when we are connected globally, so are our sins and virtues. )
EBOLA: A deadly disease, at present effecting majorly West African countries.
· So when any person with this virus will land in India, his samples will travel from any part of country to Pune, for testing and detection. We have only one lab that can test the presence of virus, with efficiency. ( many virus get free travels, because we lack testing laboratories and other associated infrastructure)
· We will be opening new AIMS, but Indians in India are not doing any research on treatment of this or many other deadly viruses ( maybe we had referred charak samhita for some solution, and as we could not find we discarded it as God’s will )
· Not this but in past 5 years only Indian drug to be approved for use in India is JENVAC, so if those people in other parts of world will not do any research we will face deadly consequences ( proving Malthusian theory to be true)
FOOD SHORTAGE: World will reach 9 billion people by end of this century, and this earth has never supported this many human beings. Are we worried about providing food to them:
· Indians will be contributing significantly in this count, but are we making any arrangements to provide ( and moreover nutritious) food to those people
· I came across a company BEYOND MEAT, funded by gates foundation, working on synthesizing vegan meat, taking care of nutrition requirement and also quantity of food required. (we will be needing their service, we will be consumer, no supplier/developer in India)
· Our culture includes our climate, our sacred grooves, our Neem, Tulsi and mangroves. BUT, again we are not willing to IDEATE, INNOVATE to protect it. (we are relying on developed world to do that for us) , Indian Americans will contribute and we will add it our Glory board.
ENERGY, COMMUNICATION: A proud record from past: most efficient mode of sending message was used in India, by Ala-ud-din Khilji (using human messengers carrying message between certain fixed points), But what about this century?
· With sadness and great respect for Indian innovators at IIT and other revered institute I say, they will begin their learning on Indian soil, but quote lack of opportunities and--then develop in foreign lands.
· I have nothing to say about Indian railways, Indian roads or present my views on China-Nepal corridor that will dump more Chinese goods into this consumer subcontinent.
· TESLA, elon musk is the man of this decade; he will be giving world efficient and clean road transport. This subcontinent who will be consuming cars, due to rise in standard of living is least concerned about innovations and need to make it clean and efficient.
A lot more to quote, but this is enough to ponder on MASALA NEWS that we are consuming, the debates on MASALA topics and protest on street for/against such MASALA issue.
Enjoy your MASALA tea, with vada or samosa but next time when you see someone talking about religion, conversions and hinduatava, just inform him/her about how he/she is being manipulated/converted every second by social networking websites. Someone of this era should be more worried about being used as Guiney pig for experiments and surveys by DATA miners, and impact of such conversions, cyber-ideologies than about Idols or Books based idiosyncrasies.